What is Reiki?
Reiki healing is a gentle and safe form of energy healing transferred through the placement of hands either directly onto the body or held above the client’s body to support and accelerate the body’s own natural ability to heal. Reiki healing originated in Japan in the late 1800’s and is now practiced in the West including some hospitals in American and Europe. Reiki is increasing in popularity and studies have shown Reiki can reduce pain and stress levels. The word Reiki means universal guided life force energy ‘rei’ (universal) ‘kei’ (life energy). Reiki is known to have a calming effect, reduce stress, energetic blockages and its associated symptoms. Reiki sessions are a great space for deep healing bringing balance on an emotional, physical, spiritual and mental level.
What Happens in a Reiki Session?
The client lays on the table fully clothed. I place my hands lightly on or over the body to transfer the energy to different parts of the body. The hands are placed over or on the head, limbs and torso for a few minutes on each area with the session lasting approximately 40-60 minutes. Clients have reported feeling relaxed, falling asleep or experiencing different sensations such as tingling during the session. After the treatment you may experience detox symptoms, be emotional, tired or feel energised. This is normal as the energy is moving through the body.
Here are some of the reasons people have Reiki healing;
- Release grief
- Reduce anxiety & depression
- If you are experiencing health problems
- Emotional blockage
- Recharge your batteries
- Experience better relationships
- Going through changes
- Feel more positive
- Calm the mind for more focus and clarity
- Relieve aches and pains
- Dealing with situations in your life such as exams, career change, family illness, divorce or job interviews
- Reduce tension
- Help insomnia
- Relationship break up
- Work stress
- Reduction of side effects as a result of drugs, surgery and chemotherapy
- Healing limiting beliefs and childhood traumas
- Heals ancestral trauma within cells and DNA
- Relieve digestive issues
- Cleansing of the body’s toxins
- Recharge the batteries
- Releasing negative aspects in your life that impacts you
Who Can Have Reiki Healing?
Reiki is for any gender, pregnant women, children, babies, elderly, animals and sceptics, yes sceptics. The best way to understand Reiki is to experience a treatment.
Reiki is a great way to complement your counselling sessions or used safely in conjunction with other conventional health practices. Reiki should not replace medical treatment or advice from your doctor.
Heidi is a qualified Reiki Master who is a student at The Mary King Institute of Healing and Wellbeing
$120 /40-60 mins
- This includes – An assessment of the presenting problem
- Payment due before the session
- Credit card incurs 1.9% surcharge .
- 48 hour notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment is required to avoid cancellation fee.